Monday, June 15, 2009

A Wonderful Saturday at the Zoo

On Saturday, Jeff and I participated in the Active 23/30 Zoo Day. It was an absolute blast. It actually looked like rain for the first part of the morning, causing the crowds to be small, but it cleared up and was a perfect day. Our group of guys were great and we got to explore the brand new African Journey that opened the week before.



Jeff and Darko along with our group of boys.

Entering the new African Journey you go through a tunnel. This tunnel goes under the main street, that enters the zoo. If you were a kid growing up here, you know that the correct way to go through is to run and yell letting your voice echo off the metal, but because of the crowds we were unable, bummer! Now at the end of this tunnel there is an awesome mist that greets you. It is really cool because for a moment with the sun, you are blind and then Alas! the beautiful gardens are before you.


So pretty! I want this in my backyard.








These are the Servals, and they were playing. They reminded me of Molly and Roman, chasing and jumping around with each other.





This one jumped up on the rock in one leap. Impressive!






The funniest thing about the Servals, were the ostriches watching them. They kept moving their heads and ruffling their feathers as the Servals played. It was hilarious!








The new Giraffe exhibit was really cool. They have a platform that you can feed them from and they are right there.







Told ya, I would have pet him, if I hadn't been taking the picture!










Check out that tongue!





I kept trying to take a picture of the Zebras but they kept giving me there backsides. Finally I got this shot.






I love the Sea Lions. They are so awesome to watch swimming around! They have soothing music playing making this the most relaxing exhibit.







Jellyfish!







I have been to the zoo so many times, and yet I never knew about the catfish! You can feed them and about a million will come to surface. It was so cool!!!




No comments: