Monday, June 8, 2009

CrMS

Today Nicky got to meet Theresa. For Jeff and I, Theresa along with Dr. H will always hold a special place in our hearts. Our journey with them began over a year and a half ago but our story begins before that.

After three years of being married, Jeff and I decided, to our parents greatest pleasure, to start a family. During June of 2006, some of our friends had already started down the path of parenthood and we were ready to begin.

It was fun and exciting the first few months, with thoughts of am I pregnant. We were planning ahead our lives in nine month cycles. Months started going by with no plus sign, while the rest of our family and friends were growing with no problems. It became very difficult on Jeff and I life. The ups and downs of the 28 day cycle. We were too young to be really concerned but too old to want to wait any longer.

At the one year mark, when every couple is now referred to as infertile, I decided to talk to my family doctor. He referred me to his partner Dr. H, who had a pet project using the Creighton Model Fertility System. I sat on the referral for six months. It was extremely difficult for me to admit I had a problem and give up my fertility to someone else. I was being silly but wasn't ready for help until January 2008. I honestly didn't know if Jeff and I could take one more baby shower. Selfish, but this issue was consuming our life.

In January, I made the appointment and meet with Dr. H. He is a wonderful man and explained to me how the program worked. I would work with a Fertility Practitioner (Theresa) on the Creighton Model System side (charting my biological markers that show up during the 28 day cycle) and he would be working on the NaPro Technology side (medical). They would be working together along with Jeff and I to discover the problem. Jeff and I were wanting a more natural approach to solving the issue instead of jumping right into AI or IVF.

These two people are amazing. I left both of them feeling like I actually had people cheering and wanting to help us conceive. (Ok, we had lots of cheerleaders in our lives at the time but they couldn't really help.) It was the hope and warmth we needed to tackle the problem. I started in Feb. 2008 with Theresa. In March, I went on a high dose of B6, April we included the OTC drug Mucinex and May we achieved our pregnancy!!! We found out we were pregnant right at our two year trying to conceive mark.

Of course, they continued to be apart of life after conception. We see Dr. H all the time because he is our family doctor and I continue to chart with Theresa. Our family is proud to say that Nicky is the 33 Creighton Model Baby out of 36 here in the Fort!!!!



No comments: