
Now that some of my favorite shows are on break, my DVR schedule is looking lonely. I am in need of some new shows to look forward to watching the few hours of me-time before bed. Luckily this summer has a couple of shows I am either watching or interested in. Here is my high priority list:
True Blood (HBO, Sun. 9:00); Jeff and I try to have at least one show we watch together a week. Our current show is Harper's Island and although I have kind of lost interested in it, I continue for the happiness of our marriage. Last season, True Blood was great for both Jeff and I. The two main characters are kind of blah, but the cast of supporting characters are awesome and kept us coming back for more. We are both pumped for the the new season that bites-off this Sunday.
Big Brother (CBS, July 9); Ahh, I am truly excited for this one. Having just finished up watching the Duel 2 on MTV, (Awesome, I still can't believe that Landon didn't make it to the finals, and Evan won. Mark was such a gentleman at the end, that my crush on him just about exploded into liquid awesomeness.) This looks like it will fill my void for house drama and challenges.
The Real Housewives of New Jersey (Bravo, Tue. 10:00) I like the ladies on this one, well all of them but one. This is a DVR before watching because I have to fast forward through the Danielle scenes at home (boring). Next week looks perfect with a big ol' cat fight. Ladies sharpen your claws!!
Top Chef Masters (Bravo, Thur. 10:00) and The Next Food Network Star (Food Network, Sun. 9:00); These two arrive just in time to fill the gap from America's Next Top Model and Make Make Me A Supermodel. It makes that ham sandwich you had for dinner feel so low rate.
Warehouse 13 (SciFi, July 7, 9:00); Without BSG and SG1, Scifi has lost my viewership. Maybe this show will bring me back. I saw a preview and it has peaked my interest. It looks like campy sci-fi with a side of UST, my favorite!
Torchwood (BBC America, July 20, 9:00) Ahh Torchwood, this show is like the "cheesy romance cover, novel" that you hide under the bed. Campy Sci-Fi: Plus, Hot Characters: Plus (John Barrowman just radiates hotness with any character he is on screen with), and British Accents = Brain Candy!
Shows I am slightly interested in include: The Fashion Show (in place of Project Runway), Tori and Dean Home Sweet Hollywood (carbon copy of The Newlyweds but Tori is a lot smarter than Jessica) and NYC Prep (a marriage of The Hills and Gossip Girls).
Reality shows and cheesy Sci-Fi seems to be my summer choice until NCIS, The Mentalist, How I Meet Your Mother and Big Bang return this fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment